Many recipes can be vastly improved by using the finest natural water as an ingredient, cordials and home brews being prime examples. Over the summer months we will feature a number of recipes that celebrate seasonal produce mixed with Celtic Vale Natural Mineral Water. Rhubarb is this months tipple.....enjoy!
- 1.5kg Rhubarb, roughly chopped
- 750ml Celtic Vale Natural Mineral Water, Still
- Caster Sugar
- Lemon Juice
- Place the Celtic Vale Mineral Water & Rhubarb into a pan and cook slowly over a low heat until the juices start to flow, then turn up the heat a little and cook until the rhubarb is soft.
- Line a large bowl with muslin and tip in the mixture, pull the corners together, tie and strain off the liquid.
- Measure the juice: for every litre add 750g of sugar and 75ml lemon juice.
- Pour into a pan and gently heat until the sugar dissolves (do not boil).
- Pour into sterilised bottles and seal
- Serve 1 part cordial with 3 parts Celtic Vale still or sparkling water.
This makes a fabulous non alcoholic summer drink, but is also delicious if used in a cocktail with our sparkling water and gin or vodka.
- 700g Sugar
- 3.8 litres Celtic Vale Natural Mineral Water, Still
- 900g Rhubarb
- 1½ tblspns White Wine Vinegar
- 2 lemons
- Wash & cut the rhubarb, place in a plastic bucket/ container (not metal)
- Add the juice and rind of the lemon plus all the other ingredients and leave to stand for 48hrs
- Strain several times through a jelly bag or muslin and pour into sterilised strong glass bottles, seal and store in a cool place for 2-3 weeks
Makes a lovely pink drink, uncap and enjoy although watch out! its very bubbly.....