Exhibiting 24th & 25th February
Many recipes can be vastly improved by using the finest natural water as an ingredient, cordials and home brews being prime examples. Over the summer months we will feature a number of recipes that celebrate seasonal produce mixed with Celtic Vale Natural Mineral Water. Rhubarb is this months tipple.....enjoy!
- 1.5kg Rhubarb, roughly chopped
- 750ml Celtic Vale Natural Mineral Water, Still
- Caster Sugar
- Lemon Juice
- Place the Celtic Vale Mineral Water & Rhubarb into a pan and cook slowly over a low heat until the juices start to flow, then turn up the heat a little and cook until the rhubarb is soft.
- Line a large bowl with muslin and tip in the mixture, pull the corners together, tie and strain off the liquid.
- Measure the juice: for every litre add 750g of sugar and 75ml lemon juice.
- Pour into a pan and gently heat until the sugar dissolves (do not boil).
- Pour into sterilised bottles and seal
- Serve 1 part cordial with 3 parts Celtic Vale still or sparkling water.
This makes a fabulous non alcoholic summer drink, but is also delicious if used in a cocktail with our sparkling water and gin or vodka.
- 700g Sugar
- 3.8 litres Celtic Vale Natural Mineral Water, Still
- 900g Rhubarb
- 1½ tblspns White Wine Vinegar
- 2 lemons
- Wash & cut the rhubarb, place in a plastic bucket/ container (not metal)
- Add the juice and rind of the lemon plus all the other ingredients and leave to stand for 48hrs
- Strain several times through a jelly bag or muslin and pour into sterilised strong glass bottles, seal and store in a cool place for 2-3 weeks
Makes a lovely pink drink, uncap and enjoy although watch out! its very bubbly.....